What does East Rock Creek Village offer ALL members?
Health & Wellness Programs:
- Popular gentle exercise offerings include weekly morning and afternoon walks and Chair Yoga classes.
- Enjoying healthy light refreshments and comradery with your fellow members.
- Periodic special programs such as the OTAGO Exercise Program which improves balance and strength and helps reduce the risk of falling.
Social: Each month, a variety of activities are planned so we continue to build our sense of community.
- Friends and neighbors are welcome to attend our Open House, happy hours and game days.
- Join the Lunch Bunch at a neighborhood restaurant or visit a museum together.
- Members are welcome to suggest creative ideas and are encouraged to help make them happen.
- Periodic offerings include
- MoneySmart for Older Adults,
- AARP’s Preparing to Care for family caregivers,
- nutrition programs,
- the AARP Smart Driver Course which guarantees you a deduction on your automobile insurance.
- Invitations to programs offered by other DC Senior Villages
- Enjoy ERCV’s monthly Village Voice newsletter which provides helpful information and includes a calendar of ERCV and other DC events that may be of interest.
Transportation – Provided by trained, vetted and insured ERCV volunteer drivers:
- Go to medical appointments;
- Run errands like grocery shopping;
- Attend ERCV events and other social gatherings
At Home -- Provided by trained and vetted ERCV volunteers
- Friendly visits and check in calls;
- Help with mobile phone and computer technology;
- Gardening advice and help;
- Simple handyman jobs
- Help getting rid of clutter and organizing paperwork.
- Respite for caregivers (beginning Winter 2019/2020)