EAST ROCK CREEK VILLAGE MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
Service membership in East Rock Creek Village (ERCV) is open to residents of the northern part of Ward 4 east of Rock Creek Park - specifically residents of Brightwood, Colonial Village, Manor Park, North Portal Estates, Shepherd Park and Takoma DC - who are 50 years of age or older.
Membership can be for an individual or for 2 or 3 persons in a household.
Service members are eligible for services that are performed by ERCV volunteers including rides to medical appointments, small household chores, and technical assistance.
Service members can attend all ERCV sponsored programs – wellness, social and educational.
The annual cost of service membership is based on income from all sources: earnings, Social Security, pension, annuity, interest, dividends, capital gains and retirement account distributions.
An individual’s service membership dues are:
· $500 for annual income over $50,000
· $200 for annual income between $40,000 and $50,000
· $100 for annual income between $30,000 and $40,000
· No cost for annual income under $30,000
A household’s service membership dues are:
· $750 for annual household income over $70,000
· $300 for annual household income between $60,000 and $70,000
· $150 for annual household income between $50,000 and $60,000
· No cost for annual household income under $50,000
Social membership in ERCV is designed for those want to be involved in ERCV activities and support the Village. Social members can attend all ERCV sponsored programs – wellness, social and educational. Social members must be 50 or older but may live outside the ERCV area.
There are two levels of Social Membership:
· Sustaining Social Membership – The contribution is $500 annually for an individual and $750 annually for a household. Sustaining Social Members can convert to Service Membership at any time at no additional cost.
· Basic Social Membership – The contribution is $200 annually for an individual and $300 annually for a household.